Understanding Your Water Bill
Fort Bend Municipal Utility District No. 23 is responsible for providing water, sewer, and garbage service to businesses and residents within its boundaries. Payment is due the 5th of each month and a residential water bill is calculated as follows:
- 0-5,000 gallons $15.75 (minimum)
- 5,001-10,000 gallons $1.00 per thousand gallons
- 10,001-15,000 gallons $1.50 per thousand gallons
- 15,001-20,000 gallons $2.00 per thousand gallons
- 20,001-25,000 gallons $2.50 per thousand gallons
- 25,001-30,000 gallons $3.00 per thousand gallons
- 30,001-50,000 gallons $4.00 per thousand gallons
- Over 50,000 gallons $4.50 per thousand gallons
A $22.00 flat rate sewer fee is applied each month.
Groundwater Reduction Plan (GRP) Fee:
The Groundwater Reduction Plan Fee invoices you $2.06 per 1,000 gallons. This fee is passed through to the District customers at 120% of the cost, currently $1.72 per 1,000 gallons, to account for water loss. For more information, click here.
Fort Bend County MUD 23
P.O. Box 3150
Houston, Texas 77253-3150
DO NOT Mail Water Payments to the Telge Road Address
M. R. Massey Administration Building
No payments processed inside.
- Checks or money orders only; no cash.
- No tax payments.
- MUD 23 and MUD 24 payments only.
Checks or money orders accepted. No cash.
Municipal District Services
406 W Grand Parkway S, Suite 260, Katy, Texas 77494
Municipal District Services
16758 Telge Road, Cypress, Texas 77429
HEB and Kroger
Present a PAYMENT COUPON (not pink notice) with the account number. There is a $1.50 service charge for each transaction.
Pay at your local Walmart. Present a payment coupon (not pink notice) with the account number. There is a $1.00 service charge for 3-day delivery or $1.50 for overnight delivery.
First Billing Services
Fort Bend Municipal Utility District No. 23 has teamed up with First Billing Services to provide more choices to our customers. Please review the information below for options available through First Billing Services:
- Web payments: Log onto mdswater.com and choose your district to access the online portal. You can register your account, OR pay as a guest!
- Live agent assisted payments: call 1 (855) 270-3592.
- Automated phone payments: Call the phone number listed on your next bill to use the new IVR (Integrated Voice Recognition System) and follow the prompts. This service is available 24/7.
- Text & Pay: A new and exciting feature available to you! Register your account via the online portal to sign up for Text & Pay.
- Automatic Monthly Payments: Log in online OR contact First Billing at 1 (855) 270-3592 to sign up for auto payments. You can select your payment method, pick your date, and the payment amount. Each month, you will receive emails confirming the payment was successful. If you are currently signed up for AUTO PAY, you will need to re-register with First Billing who will be providing this service going forward.
While you will be paying your bill to your water district; First Billing Services assesses a fee for each credit/debit card or e-check transaction, while using these convenient services.
For more information or assistance with registration:
- call First Billing at 1 (855) 270-3592; or
- visit the Municipal District Services website at mdswater.com
For questions concerning your water bill, please contact the Operator, Municipal District Services at (281) 290-6507.
Fees for Late Payments/Disconnection
Accounts not current within 30 days will be assessed a late charge equal to 10 percent of the unpaid balance. A notice of delinquency and warning of potential termination will be sent via United States mail, and a handling fee of $10.00 will be added to the account. Terminated services will result in a $50.00 reconnection fee and a $100.00 additional deposit. Payments that are returned for insufficient funds will also be assessed a $30.00 handling charge.