Earlier this year, residents of Fort Bend MUD 23 were invited to participate in an online survey regarding the opportunity to construct community improvements on almost 10 acres owned by the community near Goodman Elementary School. Residents were also encouraged to attend the follow-up community workshop in March. The results of the workshop can be seen here. The flow chart below illustrates where the district’s consultants are in the planning process. Check back here for periodic updates as the project develops.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Pacific hurricane season starts May 15 and Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.